Friday, July 11, 2008

Mangu Village

I was feeling a little worse today than yesterday so I stayed back one more day. The team was going to part of the rift valley to a place called Mangu. It was the home town of David, a massai warrior whom, I am told, helped guard our hostel at night most of the time. It was the mabati day so the team was putting up the walls and painting the windows and doors of a dining hall that was being built for the village.

I washed my socks and slept most of the day. When I wasn't resting I was sorting photos and talking with Michael. Michael stayed back too that day. It rained for the first and only time of our stay. It was a welcome sound and refreshing. For lunch I tried something a little different and ended up not eating it. It was cow intestine. I served it up not knowing what it was until I smelled it, then Michael told me. I lost my appetite.

No comments: